Pages

Sunday 30 July 2017

Supernatural Staffordshire



The mysterious floating figure in a field:

Paranormal expert Damon Simms has explored some of Staffordshire's spookiest locations. This week he brings you the story of a teenager who believes she had a frightening supernatural encounter with a mysterious figure in a field

Claire regularly spent many hours after work looking after her beloved horse Toto in stables near to her childhood home.

The 18-year-old would often take this journey alone and enjoyed the brisk walk and chance to take in some fresh air. The stables were in a private field in rural Lightwood and she always felt safe.

But one cool, crisp and pleasant evening in 1992 when she made her way to the stables, something unexpected occurred.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed what looked like a figure walking in the nearby woodland.

And what happened next still haunts her dreams.

"All of a sudden he looked like he started to levitate - I know that sounds mad but he just started to float upwards and soon disappeared into the foliage," shudders Claire, now aged 43.

Stopping and staring towards the area in which the figure had floated, Claire froze with fear and could not bring herself to look away. Who or what on earth had she witnessed?

"I know people will think I'm crazy and most have said I must have imagined it but I swear I know what I saw and the figure was clear as daylight.

"It just started to walk along and then all of a sudden it just floated up like it was on strings – then it disappeared into the trees above, where it had been walking a few seconds earlier."

Although still shaken, Claire was overtaken by inquisitiveness and started to walk towards the woods.

By the time she had reached the tree line her heart was in her mouth.

Physically shaking with terror she glanced up to where the figure had gone. It was not to be seen.

"Many times I think about what I saw that evening and it still keeps me awake even today – it's hard to explain to people how real the floating figure was. But I know that what I saw!"

No comments:

Post a Comment